First Time Applicants:
We accept applications year-round and only through Submittable. A $30.00 application fee applies to all first-time applicants who are applying for a residency. We highly suggest you take the time to familiarize yourself with the purpose of RWC by reading our website.
Please note: Rockvale Writers’ Colony does not offer scholarships at this time; however, our weekly rates are highly-subsidized. Food and travel are the responsibility of the writer. The following fees apply to all accepted applicants:
- 2021 Weekly Residency Fee – $385 for Farmhouse Rooms and Cabin, $425 for Granary
- Cleaning Fee – $30
- Sales Tax of 9.75% and Occupancy Tax of 4%
If accepted for residency, a $100.00 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your place on our calendar.
If you wish to prepare your application before you officially submit, we provide the following list of questions that you’ll find on the Submittable form. We don’t ask for references. We ask that you articulate for yourself who you are and why you want to come to RWC.
- Your contact information including name, address, phone number, email address, gender, and date of birth.
- Tell us about yourself. What genre do you write in?
- Tell us about the project you’ll be working on.
- Have you been to other residencies? If so, list them here with the dates you attended.
- Upload a sample of your writing. (5 pages) This should reflect your intended project.
- Tell us what a residency at RWC would mean to you. What is it about the colony that attracts you? How did you hear about us?
- What is your intended length of stay at RWC?
- What dates are you available for residency at RWC? Give us your top 2 choices. Note: Flexibility with dates is greatly appreciated.
- Do you have any special needs that might affect your stay at RWC? If so, please be specific so that we can ensure we can meet them.
- Do you have a writer website you’d like to share with us? If so, please do!
We aim to respond to all residency applications within 30 days, but we often get back to writers much sooner than that.
For your convenience, we offer this calendar that shows available dates for residencies. Unavailable dates are listed in red.
Please note: The weeks in this calendar begin with Monday!
RWC Residency Availability Calendar
Returning Or Previously Accepted Writers:
Writers who have already applied and have been accepted are not required to apply again and pay the application fee, but are required to request new residencies with us through the Submittable form for Returning Writers. Click HERE for the form.
Thank you for your application to RWC. We invite you to read the FAQs section on this website for additional information, as well as A Day in the Life to explore a typical day at the colony. Feel free to email the director at email@example.com with any questions you may have regarding application or your stay as a RWC resident.