We accept applications year round and only through Submittable. A $35.00 application fee applies to all first-time applicants who are applying for a stay of 1 week or more.
Please Note Updated Policy: If you are interested in a 1-3 day mini-residency, no application is necessary. Please email the director email@example.com to discuss dates.
If you are a previously accepted writer and it has been 12 months or more from your first application, you may apply under the “Returning Residents” tab and pay the application fee of $25.00. If you return for residency at RWC within 12 months of a previous residency, no application or application fee is required, but you will need to email the director at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss dates. If you have questions about this policy, please email and we can discuss your specific situation in detail.
If you wish to prepare your application before you officially submit, we provide the following list of questions that you’ll find on the Submittable form. We don’t ask for references. We ask that you articulate for yourself who you are and why you want to come to RWC.
- Your contact information including name, address, phone number, email address, gender, and date of birth.
- Tell us about yourself. What genre do you write in?
- Tell us about the project you’ll be working on.
- Have you been to other residencies? If so, list them here with the dates you attended.
- Upload a sample of your writing. (5 pages)
- Tell us what a residency at RWC would mean to you. What is it about the colony that attracts you? How did you hear about us?
- What is your intended length of stay at RWC?
- What dates are you available for residency at RWC? Give us your top 3 choices. Note: Flexibility with dates is greatly appreciated.
- Do you have any special needs that might affect your stay at RWC? If so, please be specific so that we can ensure we can meet them.
- Do you have a writer website you’d like to share with us? If so, please do!
We aim to respond to all residency applications within 30 days, but we often get back to writers much sooner than that.
Thank you for your application to RWC. We invite you to read the FAQs section on this website for additional information as well as A Day in the Life to explore a typical day at the colony. Feel free to email the director at email@example.com with any questions you may have regarding application or your stay as a RWC resident.