Submissions are open from August 15 to December 31, 2023. The winner will be announced by the end of January 2024. The recipient has until December 31, 2024 to schedule their weeklong fellowship.
Please read the following requirements and guidelines carefully and in their entirety before applying. If you have questions, email Sandy at email@example.com.
- “The First Ten Pages Fellowship” is open to writers of fiction.
- Writers may submit the first ten pages of a novella or novel. The work will be evaluated for movement and action, tone, theme, introduction of characters, description of the setting, the voice of the narrator, the introduction of conflict, the inciting incident, and originality. We want to be enticed to continue reading.
- The work should not be previously published.
- The work will be read “blind.” Do not put your name on your writing sample or in the title of the file.
- The Application Fee is $25. This is non-refundable.
- Applications will be read through Submittable. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
- The application requires a paragraph detailing how the fellowship would aid the writer.
- The uploaded 10 pages should be presented in one document, either pdf, dox, or docx. It should also be in 12-point font and be double-spaced.
- Fellowship applications are accepted between August 15 and December 31, 2023
- The recipient of the fellowship will be announced by the end of January 2024
- The recipient of this fellowship will receive a 1-week writer’s residency at Rockvale Writers’ Colony in College Grove, TN. The residency must be completed by December 31, 2024.
- A small stipend of $100 will be given to the fellowship recipient upon arrival at the colony to compensate for travel and food. Expenses beyond $100 are the responsibility of the writer.
All rules and policies of Rockvale Writers’ Colony are in effect during this fellowship. The recipient will be expected to sign the writer’s contract before arrival. The recipient should familiarize themselves with RWC (our setting, our mission, and the way residencies work) by carefully reading our website. We strongly advise reading everything under the “Residencies” tab, especially “Information” and “FAQ’s”.
To Apply for The First Ten Pages Fellowship, Click on the link below. You will be directed to Submittable to complete your application and pay the application fee.